Payroll and HR Operational teams often work to processes that have been in place for many years. The same procedures are followed month after month only being reviewed when legislation changes force alterations in the procedures. This is typical for teams who constantly work under extreme time pressures.
It’s important for all payroll and HR departments to perform a business process review from time to time. The review will allow you to identify and manage any risks in the day-to-day operational processes, which can then be managed and revised.
Quite often, simple changes can have a big impact. Savings can be made in both the resources and the service costs in performing day-to-day activities. Investing in the right support to make changes to the way you work can have a substantial cost saving in both staff and other resources.
Eira Consulting will provide a full review of your day-to-day operational processes and recommend ways to make these more efficient and effective, helping to reducing queries and errors and improving accuracy.
Do any of the following questions ring true?
- Is your ‘payroll cut-off window’ long enough for receiving and inputting information accurately in preparation for payday?
- Do employees/HR/Managers have problems with not having enough time to get all the information to you on time?
- Do you have issues with deadlines due to early paydays?
- Do you have to regularly run supplementary payroll runs?
- Do you miss new starters because of cut-off deadlines?
- Are you informed about leavers in time to stop their pay?
- Do you have an issue with overpayments?
- Is your error rate in payroll too high?
- Do you make too many manual payments?